Saturday, January 30, 2016

Top 100 Songs of All Time: Part 1

The Clash get a few mentions.

At some point I plan on doing an albums list, but here are my all-time favorite songs at the moment. Look out for Part 2 tomorrow.

100. "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" - The Dropkick Murphys


99. “Ooh La La” - Goldfrapp


98. “Heart of Glass” - Blondie


97. "Loser" - Beck


96. "In Too Deep" - Genesis


95. "Seven Nation Army" - The White Stripes


94. “Crazy in Love” - BeyoncĂ© ft. Jay-Z


93. "Raconte-Moi Une Histoire" - M83


92. “It’s a Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World” - James Brown


91. “God Save the Queen” - Sex Pistols


90. “Mandinka” - Sinead O’Connor


89. "Revelate (live)“ - The Frames


88. "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" - Joan Jett and The Blackhearts


87. “Smells Like Teen Spirit” - Nirvana


86. "The Tracks of My Tears" - Smokey Robinson and The Miracles


85. “Heartattack and Vine” - Tom Waits


84. "Come Together" - The Beatles


83. "Ironic" - Alanis Morissette


82. “Another Day in Paradise” - Phil Collins


81. "Hometown Glory" - Adele


80. “Wake Up” - Arcade Fire


79. “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” - The Rolling Stones


78. "Teenage Color" - College


77. “Mercy” - Duffy


76. "Wonderwall" - Oasis


75. "Hurt" - Johnny Cash


74. “Valerie [’68 Version]” - Amy Winehouse


73. "Lights" - Ellie Goulding


72. “Then He Kissed Me” - The Crystals


71. “Should I Stay Or Should I Go” - The Clash


70. “Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)” - Nancy Sinatra


69. “Hit the Road Jack” - Ray Charles


68. “Singapore” - Tom Waits


67. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” - Marvin Gaye ft. Tammi Terrell


66. "The End" - The Doors


65. "Born in the U.S.A." - Bruce Springsteen


64. “I Will Always Love You” - Whitney Houston


63. "We Will Rock You" - Queen


62. "Fight the Power" - Public Enemy


61. "Turn the Page" - The Streets


60. “Disorder” - Joy Division


59. “Bad (live)” - U2


58. “London Calling” - The Clash


57. "A Hard Day's Night" - The Beatles


56. “Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)” - The Hollies


55. “A Rainy Night in Soho" - The Pogues


54. "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen


53. “Swordfishtrombone” - Tom Waits


52. “Fight For Your Right” - Beastie Boys


51. “God Only Knows” - The Beach Boys

6 comments:

  1. Oh, not bad. I can get behind all of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glad to hear you're a fan of these songs, too.

      Delete
  2. 1st...I have so much I actually need to listen to.

    2nd...I have so much I LOVE ABOUT THIS!!!

    Phil Collins!!! Nirvana...IRONIC...James Brown...effing WAKE UP (love that song)...but the one that made me go "hell yes" the loudest was Johnny Cash's remake of Hurt!!! That is one of the best covers of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! I didn't know you loved Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt. LOVE it!

      Delete
  3. My first ever listen to Mandinka by Sinead O’Connor, excellent 80s song. I also didn't know Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress by The Hollies which I'm happy you shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost embedded O'Connor's live performance of the song at the Grammys instead. It's arguably better than the studio version. :) The Hollies' song has been in a few movies, which is where I first heard it.

      Delete