Monday, March 30, 2015

More 2014 CinSpec Awards Updates

Winter Sleep is among the new films that make my ballot.

My ballot is pretty much complete, since I've now seen Leviathan, Winter Sleep, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, Song of the Sea, and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya. A few categories on my ballot have changed, so I've included them below, along with my updated top 10 list. You can see all of my up-to-date lineups on my original ballot post. (click the images to enlarge)





2014 Top 10 List: (updated)

1. Mommy (Xavier Dolan)
2. Birdman (Alejandro González Iñárritu)
3. Calvary (John Michael McDonagh)
4. The Immigrant (James Gray)
5. Inherent Vice (Paul Thomas Anderson)
6. Winter Sleep (Nuri Bilge Ceylan)
7. Leviathan (Andrei Zvyagintsev)
8. Two Days, One Night (Jean-Pierre & Luc Dardenne)
9. Tom at the Farm (Xavier Dolan)
10. Under the Skin (Jonathan Glazer)

Again, you can see my entire updated ballot here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous, and Song of the Sea as your winner has me really intrigued...because I really want to see that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Song is the Sea is wonderful! I think you'll like it. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree Winter Sleep had some good writing, deserves praise for the screenplay.
    Just I don't think it will appeal to a big audience because of the draining 3 hour running time and how dialogue-heavy it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree on the strength of the writing. The film is very talky, but I loved every minute of it. Not everyone will, though.

      Delete