Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Top 50 Performances of 2013: Part 2

Did both actors from Before Midnight make the list?

Without further ado, here are my top 25 performances of 2013.

25. Simon Pegg, The World's End

24. Greta Gerwig, Frances Ha

23. Zoe Saldana, Out of the Furnace

22. Michael Fassbender, 12 Years a Slave

21. James Franco, Spring Breakers

20. Casey Affleck, Out of the Furnace

19. Selena Gomez, Spring Breakers

18. Matthew McConaughey, Mud

17. Julie Delpy, Before Midnight

16. Tom Hanks, Captain Phillips

15. Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine

14. Ethan Hawke, Before Midnight

13. Sandra Bullock, Gravity

12. Juliette Binoche, Camille Claudel 1915

11. Conner Chapman, The Selfish Giant

10. Danai Gurira, Mother of George

9. Joaquin Phoenix, Her

8. Jake Gyllenhaal, Prisoners

7. Suzanne Clément, Laurence Anyways

6. Jack Reynor, What Richard Did

5. Chiwetel Ejiofor, 12 Years a Slave

4. Émilie Dequenne, Our Children

3. Mads Mikkelsen, The Hunt

2. Leonardo DiCaprio, The Wolf of Wall Street

1. Adèle Exarchopoulos, Blue is the Warmest Color

14 comments:

  1. CLEMENT!!!!!!!!

    I can't wait to see every performance that made your list that I have yet to see, which is most of them ;-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knew you'd love that pick! :)

      Yay! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on them.

      Delete
  2. Oooooo nice one again. Yaaay for Pegg, Gerwig, Franco and Clement!!! And Leo and Adele like duhs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. McConaughey doesn't even make top 50 for DBC but Jared does? :P Great to see Mads so close to the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, McConaughey is great in DBC, but I think he's slightly overshadowed by Leto.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic list once again! I may steal your idea but break it down by supporting & leading performances, hope that's ok :D

    LOVE Blanchett, she's my fave of the 5 Best Actress nominees. Sorry but I didn't think Simon Pegg was anything special in The World's End though, but then again I didn't really like the movie that much either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! Steal away! :)

      I'll be so thrilled if Blanchett wins, even if I slightly prefer Bullock. Ha, I thought Pegg was one of the best parts of The World's End. :/

      Delete
  5. Great picks, makes me even more interested in the performances I haven't seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes @ Adele snatching the #1 spot. So deserved. And I didn't know you were a fan of Laurence Anyways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we agree on Adele. Oh, I love Laurence Anyways, even though it didn't make my top 10 list. I'm also a fan of Heartbeats. I still need to see I Killed My Mother, though.

      Delete